Tag Archives: fire

Bank steps forward to aid nonprofit after fire

NAUGATUCK — There were some scary moments after a fire completely destroyed an office Wellmore Behavioral Health leased in a mixed-use building on Meadow Street early this week. “We were…

Fire damages borough building

NAUGATUCK — No one was injured when a fire broke out in a mixed-use building on Meadow Street Sunday night, but the building sustained significant damage. Deputy Fire Chief Paul…

Falling tree takes down wires, sparks brush fire

PROSPECT — Downed power lines sparked a brush fire along Cheshire Road on Wednesday afternoon. Firefighter Ed Malaspina, who is the public information officer for the Volunteer Fire Department of…

House fire started from wood stove

PROSPECT — A house fire in March on Greenwood Drive that killed two pets started when combustible items next to a wood stove caught fire. Fire Marshal Tony Muniz said…

Pets perish in Prospect house fire

PROSPECT — A house fire Tuesday night on Greenwood Drive claimed the life of a dog and other pets. Firefighters responded to a fire at 25 Greenwood Drive at about…

Fire displaces borough residents

NAUGATUCK — A Wednesday morning fire displaced all the occupants of a multi-family home on South Main Street. Firefighters responded to a fire at 544-546 South Main St., a two-family…

Laundry in dryer catches fire

NAUGATUCK — A load of laundry in a clothes dryer caught fire at a laundromat on Spring Street Monday morning. Naugatuck Fire Marshal Robert Weaver said firefighters responded to the…

Firefighters prevent fire from spreading

NAUGATUCK — Firefighters quickly prevented a fire that started in a solar panel on the roof of a Cherry Street home from to spreading Sunday afternoon. Fire Capt. Jason Alford…

Firefighters douse apartment fire

BEACON FALLS — A fire at an apartment complex on Tuesday afternoon left at least one apartment uninhabitable for now. Beacon Hose Company No. 1 received a report of a…

Fire displaces borough family

NAUGATUCK — A Wednesday morning fire displaced a family on Walnut Street. Fire Marshal Robert Weaver said the fire department responded to a house fire at 73 Walnut St. at…