Tag Archives: fire department

Fire strikes at mobile home park

NAUGATUCK — Three adults have been displaced after a fast moving fire ripped through two mobile homes on Lewis Street on Monday afternoon. The fire started in trailer home number…

New engine rolls in

NAUGATUCK — The borough’s new fire engine has features that will help keep firefighters safe when rushing to a call. The $500,000 pumper known as Engine 3 rolled into the…

Important

Police, fire departments present budget proposals

The Naugatuck police and fire departments presented their budget requests Monday night.

Important

Blaze devastates Forest Street home

NAUGATUCK — An early Saturday morning fire displaced a family of four from their Forest Street home, the borough’s fire chief said. Nobody was home at the time of the…

Important

Fire displaces borough family

NAUGATUCK — A fire caused significant damage to a house on Conrad Street Wednesday afternoon and displaced a family. A neighbor noticed smoke coming out of the attic of the…

Fire department elects officers

PROSPECT — The Volunteer Fire Department of Prospect recently elected officers for 2014. Jason Kolodziej and William Lauber were re-elected as chief and assistant chief respectively. The following line officers…

Important

Stair climber

Borough firefighter to run Empire State Building one last time NAUGATUCK — He has climbed close to 27,000 stairs for charity and plans to grind out another 1,576 before calling…

Firefighters respond to small fire at Post Office

NAUGATUCK — Firefighters responded to a small fire at the Naugatuck Post Office on Water Street Thursday. The call came in at about 9:25 a.m. Fire Chief Ken Hanks said…

Creosote backup blamed for chimney fire

NAUGATUCK — The Naugatuck Fire Department responded to a chimney fire at a house at 24 Bird Road around 5:30 p.m. Sunday. The fire ignited in a prefabricated metal chimney….

Firefighters put out small kitchen fire

NAUGATUCK — Firefighters may have saved the owner of a duplex at 107 Walnut St. a lot of cleaning by using an unorthodox technique to put out a kitchen fire…