Truck catches fire in Prospect, damages home

0
9

PROSPECT — A diesel pickup truck parked close to a home at 14 Heritage Drive caught fire early Friday morning, causing some damage to the house, fire officials said.

No one was injured in the fire, said Fire Lt. P.J. Conway, the department’s public information officer. No one was at home at the time of the fire, he said.

The truck was plugged in because it has a block warmer, Conway said. The call came in about 2 a.m.

When firefighters arrived, the vehicle was fully engulfed, causing some damage to the siding of the house and electrical service on that side of the residence, he said.

It took about 10 to 15 minutes to put the fire out, Conway said, and firefighters used foam from its new truck, which worked well. Conway said according to Fire Marshal Keith Griffin the cause of the fire was due to an electrical problem to the block warmer to the pickup. The amount of damage was about $29,000, he said.

-Special to the Citizen’s News