Small house fire quickly contained

0
26

NAUGATUCK — Firefighters responded to a small fire at 349 Park Ave. Thursday afternoon.

The call came in at about 3:30 p.m. Naugatuck police spokesman Lt. Bryan Cammarata said a small fire in the laundry room of the house was started by the dryer. The residents noticed smoke and called the fire department, he said.

Firefighters was able to get the fire under control fairly quickly, Cammarata said. Though there was some fire damage to the laundry room, the majority of the damage in the house was from smoke, he said.

As of 4:30 p.m. fire fighters were still on the scene, trying to air out the house.

People should make sure dryer vents and hoses are cleaned out and there is nothing obstructing the exhaust to help prevent fires, Cammarata said.