Second body found in Beacon Falls home

A second body was found Saturday afternoon in a home at 482 Rimmon Hill Road in Beacon Falls, the death is being ruled a suicide.

BEACON FALLS — State police found a man who had shot himself in the head Saturday afternoon at 482 Rimmon Hill Road, the same house where authorities more than a week ago found a 25-year-old woman’s body.

State police responded at about 1:30 p.m. and found the body of a man tentatively identified as Dennis C. Molen II, who lives at the residence.

He died of an “apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head,” according to state police.

State Police Troop I in Bethany and the Central District Major Crime Squad are investigating.

“There was nothing suspicious in nature and no foul play is suspected,” according to a press release issued by Sgt. Shawn Corey, a spokesman for state police.

Shortly before 3 p.m., seven police cruisers lined the road and were parked in the driveway.

Neighbors gathered outside their homes while troopers and police officers spoke outside the white ranch house.

State police have been investigating the death of Olga Louniakova, of East Haven, whose body was found at 482 Rimmon Hill Road on Sept. 29. An autopsy was performed Oct. 1, but the exact cause and manner of her death are pending further studies, authorities said.

State police initially said Louniakova’s death appeared to be accidental, but elevated it to suspicious upon further investigation.

At 11:35 p.m. on Sept. 29, local and state police found Louniakova unresponsive inside the residence, state police said. EMS personnel pronounced her dead on scene, police said.

Two years ago, Seymour police arrested Louniakova in an incident at the Oxford Academy of Hair Design on West Street.

In March 2008, Louniakova, who was a student there, was charged with allegedly putting Visine eye drops in a teacher’s water bottle, police said.

Police charged her with second-degree reckless endangerment, second-degree threatening and criminal attempt at second-degree assault.

The eye drops were originally intended for another student but ended up being put in a teacher’s water bottle, according to police.

Court records show that she pleaded guilty to the reckless endangerment and threatening charges.

The court found her guilty, and she received a suspended six-month sentence with two years probation for the reckless endangerment charge, and a one-year suspended sentence with two years probation on the threatening charge.