Prospect firefighters douse chimney fire at home

0
9

PROSPECT — Firefighters extinguished a chimney fire in a two-family home at 52 Cheshire Road on Monday night.

Assistant Fire Chief William Lauber said firefighters were dispatched at 7:48 p.m. after the homeowners reported a fire in the chimney. He said flames were coming from the chimney, and there was light smoke in the house when firefighters arrived.

He said firefighters brought the fire under control within 20 minutes, then ventilated the house.

No one was injured.