NHS dismisses early after gas smelled

0
34

NAUGATUCK — A propane leak led to an early dismissal for Naugatuck High School students Friday.

Police reported students were evacuated from the building shortly after 12:30 p.m. after staff smelled natural gas in the building. The fire department and utility companies were called in to check the building for the cause of the odor. It was determined about a half hour later that the smell of gas was coming from a forklift with a propane leak, police reported. The forklift was at the school as part of the ongoing renovation project.

Students were released for the day.