Milford man charged with raping, strangling girlfriend


NAUGATUCK-After five days on the run, a Milford man turned himself into Naugatuck police to face charges he physically and sexually assaulted his girlfriend.

On Feb. 17 Justin Bohn, 32 of 36 Grant St., Milford, gave himself up to Naugatuck police. He was charged with sexual assault in the first degree, strangulation in the third degree, and disorderly conduct.

Police said the charges stem from an incident that occurred on Feb. 11 at the Lantern Park Complex off of Mills Street.

That night, police said, Bohn became jealous and accused his 26-year-old girlfriend of being out with another man. Police said the victim, who had been dating Bohn for about four months, was out celebrating her mother’s birthday with her mother when Bohn made his accusation.

Police said Bohn was waiting for the victim when she returned to her mother’s home in the complex. An argument ensued, police said, and Bohn then grabbed the victim and began choking her by tightening the collar of her coat.

Bohn chased the victim as she ran into her mother’s unit where, police said, he sexually assaulted and threatened her before leaving the complex.

Police said the victim then left the complex because she was scared Bohn might return. After leaving the complex, police said, the victim noticed that Bohn was following her.

The victim drove from Naugatuck to Southington, police said. During the drive, Bohn repeatedly tried to contact the victim and was driving erratically behind her, police said.

Police said, Bohn was eventually able to block the victim in a parking area in Southington where he sexually assaulted her again.

Southington police are currently investigating the incidents that occurred in their town, police said.

The day after the incident the victim filed a complaint with Naugatuck police, who then obtained an arrest warrant for Bohn. Initially, police were unable to locate Bohn and called on U.S. Marshals and the FBI for help.

After five days of searching for Bohn, he turned himself in.

Bohn was arraigned in Waterbury Superior Court Friday. He was held on a $250,000 bond and remained in custody in New Haven Correctional Center. He is scheduled to appear in court again on March 9.