Fire in Naugatuck displaces family of four

0
7

NAUGATUCK — A basement fire in a Lincoln Street house Tuesday night displaced at least four residents.

Firefighters were called shortly before 11:30 p.m. to put out a fire in the basement of 45 Lincoln St., Fire Chief Ken Hanks said. Flames were leaping from a stove in the basement towards the ceiling, Hanks said.

The fire appeared accidental and was quenched in 10 minutes, Hanks said. A mother and her three teenage children were home but were not injured, he said.

Wiring and plumbing to the house were damaged and the American Red Cross is putting the family up in a hotel while power and water are restored, Hanks said.