Fire damages multifamily home in Naugatuck

0
17

FireDepartmentNAUGATUCK — An early morning fire at a multifamily home Tuesday displaced one man but caused no injuries, fire officials said.

The firefighters responded to a blaze at 551 North Main St. at about 2 a.m. The L-shaped building has three apartments that housed two families and an individual, Acting Deputy Fire Marshal William Scanlon said. The fire broke out in the individual’s apartment and that person has been displaced, he said

Fire Chief Ken Hanks said the man fell asleep with food on the stove, which caused the fire. Hanks said the fire was confined to the kitchen but caused extensive damage.

“The firefighters made a very good stop and kept it to the kitchen area,” Scanlon said, adding the entire fire department responded to the blaze.

Scanlon said both of the families were allowed to return home.