NAUGATUCK – Police removed an object that was suspected of being a bomb from a Longwood Drive house on Tuesday.
Police received a call shortly before 5 p.m. that a suspicious device had been found at 6 Longwood Drive, said Lt. Robert Harrison, a spokesman for the Naugatuck Police Department. Borough police, with the assistance of the state police’s bomb squad, found the object and “rendered it safe,” Harrison said.
Citing an ongoing investigation, Harrison would not say what the “device” was or whether it was in fact explosive. Borough detectives have identified people to interview about the incident, Harrison said, but he would not elaborate. No one had been arrested as of yesterday afternoon.
“The public need not worry at this point,” Harrison said.