BEACON FALLS — Firefighters quickly doused a motorcycle that caught fire at a home on Rimmon Hill Road Monday night.
Beacon Hose Co. No. 1 responded to a motorcycle fire at 437 Rimmon Hill Road at 10:27 p.m., Fire Chief Brian DeGeorge said. Crews were on the scene in less than 5 minutes, he said, and the fire was under control less than 10 minutes later.
DeGeorge said the homeowner reported he was working on the motorcycle in the garage when it backfired through the carburetor and caught fire. He tried to put out the fire with a hose in the garage, but that didn’t work, DeGeorge said. Neighbors then arrived and they dragged the motorcycle out of the garage using a chain, DeGeorge said.
DeGeorge said no one was injured. The fire didn’t spread to the garage or the house, he said, but it melted a garage door and siding on the home.