(Naugatuck police released the video above of a man going through unlocked cars on Goldfinch Lane early Tuesday morning.)
NAUGATUCK — A rash of car thefts and car break-ins in Naugatuck have one thing in common — all the cars were unlocked, according to police.
Between Saturday and Tuesday, Naugatuck police received five reports of cars stolen.
- A 2004 Ford Focus was reported stolen from the Cumberland Farms on Rubber Avenue at about 1 a.m. on Saturday.
- A 2008 Chevy Aveo was reported stolen from Cedar Street on Sunday.
- A 2006 BMW was reported stolen from Rubber Avenue Extension on Monday.
- A 2017 Audi was reported stolen from Red Robin Road on Tuesday.
- A 2011 Honda CRV was reported stolen from Victoria Lane on Tuesday.
Police said the cars were left unlocked with keys left in them.
Police said they have also received numerous reports of items being stolen from unlocked cars.
Police said the thefts are occurring in all parts of the borough and urged residents to lock their cars. Police asked anyone with information on the thefts to call the Naugatuck Police Department at 203-729-5221 or the department’s confidential tip line at 203-720-1010.