Tag Archives: fire

SLIDE_Fire_1192NewHavenRoad

Woman rescued from house fire

NAUGATUCK — A local woman driving on Route 63 Sunday night noticed a house on fire and jumped into action. Rachelle Pollock saw plumes of black smoke pouring out of…

FEAT_NEWS_DryerFire

Beacon Hose knocks down dryer fire

BEACON FALLS — Firefighters quickly doused a dryer fire on Cook Lane Monday afternoon. Members of Beacon Hose Company No. 1 responded to 25 Cook Lane at about 12:10 p.m….

FEAT_Chimney-Fire

Beacon Hose contains chimney fire

BEACON FALLS — Firefighters contained a chimney fire at a home on Skokorat Road Sunday morning. Beacon Hose Company No. 1 Fire Chief Jim Trzaski arrived on the scene first…

FEAT_Fire_StoneFenceRoad

Firefighters extinguish small kitchen fire

NAUGATUCK — The Naugatuck Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire broke in a single family home Sunday night. The department was called to 55 Stone Fence Road at 8:20…

FEAT_NEWS_CityHillFire

Small fire fills school gym with smoke

NAUGATUCK — A small fire in the heating and cooling system at City Hill Middle School filled the gymnasium with smoke Monday night. Second Assistant Fire Chief Paul Russell said a…

SLIDE_Fire_Sheffield-Lane

Neighbor douses porch fire

NAUGATUCK — An alert neighbor extinguished a porch fire that broke out at 74 Sheffield Lane Wednesday morning. Just before 9:45 a.m., Felix Rolon said he was about to start…

SLIDE_Firehouse

Residents fight fire until help arrives

NAUGATUCK — Naugatuck firefighters arriving at a home on Bluebird Drive on Sunday night saw homeowners outside spraying the side of their house with a garden hose in an attempt…

SLIDE_Fire

Arson cause of fire

PROSPECT — Officials have determined that the fire that ripped through the building at 14 Waterbury Road Tuesday morning was set intentionally. The fire was reported at about 5 a.m….

SLIDE_Fire

Fire rips through building

PROSPECT — A fire tore through an office building on Waterbury Road early Tuesday morning. The fire destroyed the building at 14 Waterbury Road, which housed MTM Masonry and Chimney…

FEAT_VanFire

Fire destroys van

PROSPECT — A fire engulfed a Service Master van at the company’s Waterbury Road location Friday afternoon. The fire was called in shortly after 3 p.m., Fire Marshal Keith Griffin…